International Collaborative Projects
As we realize the global reach of the Internet within school classrooms, we realize we can build local-to-global multicultural understandings of human experiences across and integrated among content areas including social studies, science, maths, languages, history, and arts.
In local-to-global collaborations, the objective of international education is to provide action learning in real world contexts and experiences where students are given opportunity, encouragement, mentoring so they can:
- embrace, experience, understand and honor the commonalties of histories, experiences, and perspectives among global peers as opportunities to understand the world in new ways and to understand that diversity brings positive strengths and insights to our human experiences;
- understand, experience and respect that differences of ideas, experiences and perspectives exist and can be mutually accepted and sustained side by side;
- understand and experience that the local actions of communities have connection to the issues, conversations, struggles, realities, hopes and dynamics of nations on a global scale;
- understand and experience that the process of knowing about the world, both past and present, is an ongoing process enhanced through access to newer and evolving technologies that enable learners to increase in global knowledge and insight;
- understand that the goal of local to global action learning is the enhancement of collaborative understandings so as to improve opportunities for more positive, inclusive international exchanges.